Enrol With UsNow offering Prep to Year Twelve
The New ATAR System of senior assessment and tertiary entrance makes Year 12 students in Queensland no receive an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) rather than an OP.
The ATAR System will include:
- A model that uses school-based assessment and common external assessment
- Processes that strengthen the quality and comparability of school-based assessment
- Move from the Overall Position (OP) to an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)
The purpose of the new system is to improve the Queensland Certificate of Education, thereby giving students more opportunities for success after Year 12. Under the new system, subject results will be based on a student’s achievement in three school-based assessments and one external assessment which is set and marked by the QCAA.
QTAC (the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre is responsible for calculating students' ATARs.
QTAC calculates ATARs based on either:
- a student's best five General subject results; or
- a student's best results in a combination of four General subject results, plus on Applied subject result or completed VET qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate III level or above.
For more information: